SHORTBREAD REGISTRATION / ENTRY FORM
1. Contest is intended for amateur bakers only. Students are welcome, but no professional bakers may enter.
2. No store bought dough or cookies. Shortbread must be prepared by the person entering.
3. Entries may be in Traditional or Modern category in any shape [round, bar, petticoat tail, etc.]. You may enter in both categories but will need to supply a separate entry form & plate for each.
4. No fee to enter, but registrants must have a Festival ticket to enter the Park.
5. Please provide 6 pieces per shortbread entry on a disposable plate, covered by plastic wrap. Do not put any markings on the plate or packaging. Each entry will be assigned a number when submitted and you will receive a copy.
6. All entries with completed entry form(s) must be received at the Festival Sales /Membership tent no later than Noon.
7. Judging will start at 1 pm, results announced on the Main Field at 2 pm and posted at the Festival Sales/Membership Tent.
8. Shortbread will be judged on taste, texture, and appearance.
Grand Prize: A Publix Aprons Cooking School Class for 2 at Publix, Plantation
2nd Place: “The Hebridean Baker: Recipes & Wee Stories from the Scottish Islands” by TikTok sensation Coinneach MacLeod.
CATEGORY ENTERED (Circle One) : TRADITIONAL MODERN
Title of Recipe/Entry: __________________________________________________________
City: ___________________________________________ State: ______ Zip: ____________
Print a copy of each entry to bring with you on Festival day and save a copy for your records
ENTRY# ______________ [to be assigned at Festival]